Students under 13 cannot create their own CK-12 accounts. If your students are under 13, and do not already have a CK-12 account that was set up by a parent or another teacher, you can create one for them using our Classes functionality. This is also recommended if:
- Your student is older but does not have an email address, or a CK-12 account that was set up by a parent or another teacher.
- You have several students to set up at once.
- You are a parent setting up a CK-12 account for your child. (See explanation below.)
Why do I need a class? I just want to set up an account for my child or student.
Classes are typically used by teachers to assign practices and other CK-12 materials to students, to view reports, and to facilitate online discussions. They also provide a way to create and manage student accounts, and can be used for that purpose alone. So, parents (or teachers), who may not need all of the features described above can still use Classes to create and manage accounts for their children or students.
- Click here to learn how to create a Class.
- Click here to learn how to use your Class to create and manage student accounts.