We do permit reimbursement of nominal printing charges in order to make hard copies of FlexBook® textbooks available to students. However, selling a CK-12 textbook for profit is a violation of our Curriculum Materials license.
CK-12 does not reimburse for the cost of printing. Teachers may seek reimbursement from the student by following the guidelines below.
You may make a hard copy of any FlexBook® that you create or customize available to a student and recoup the cost of printing the book, as long as your student knows:
- they may obtain a free version of the book online (on the CK-12 website)
- the copying costs are nominal
- the book is used for educational purposes
- there is no profit motivation
- the book will be used in accordance with the other provisions of our license